Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Why I Can Never Leave My Husband


My darling husband might feel left out if he doesn't become the topic of at least a few blogs here and there. So here goes:


I knew that I would be home later that night and that my husband and son would be scrounging for food, so I put some hamburger in the fridge to thaw and buns on the counter. I instructed my husband as to where he could find these items and explained that he could determine what side dishes they had with their hamburgers.


On my way home, I called my darling husband to find out how they were doing and what they had eaten for dinner. He said, "Well, we had the hamburger you left for us." I said, "And, what else did you have?" He said, "Well, Charlie ate some yogurt." I said, "Oh, I didn't mean to buy that yogurt, it has artificial sweetener in it. Why didn't you fix a vegetable?"


That conversation faded and about an hour later my husband said, "So, I figure, you can never leave us." My curiousity was up. Dare I ask what prompted this statement. He proceeded by saying, "I don't think I can feed our son properly. I didn't think of a vegetable and apparently the yogurt I gave him was wrong."


At this point, I am cracking up. Glad to know I am needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment