Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Charlie Has a Revelation



Charlie and I were reading a book about all of the things that God has blessed us with. In this book are pictures of people, houses, animals, and more. For quite some time, Charlie has known what sounds certain animals make and what they like to do. For example, a bird says 'tweet tweet' and likes to fly. While asking Charlie what the bird likes to do, he got a real concerned look on his face. He closed the book, stood up on the couch, and looked down at the floor. Then, he looked over at me and said, "Mom, I can't fly." I proceeded to explain that birds have wings and we have arms, so we cannot fly. He said, "what about legs?" I said, "No, legs won't let us fly either." He then repeated several times, "I can't fly. I can't fly." Despite Charlie's dissapointing revelation that he cannot fly, I do pray that I can teach him to fly in other ways despite the limitations that gravity has put on us. I pray that my Charlie can soar in ways he cannot yet imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment