Sunday, May 26, 2013

Charlie's Talk with God

It is tough wanting to raise your children to know and love the Lord, and wanting your efforts to be completely effective.  The impact of conversations that we have had with Charlie, what he has learned from his Sunday school teacher, and from being around some awesome Christian witnesses came to life at bedtime tonight.

I walk in his room to check on him.  "I am just talking with God", he says.  I snuggle up beside him and he continues,  "Mom, I think God made me fall off the merry-go-round and get that battle wound (a bloody knee)."  I explained to him that God does not make bad things happen, but that he can make good come from the bad that happens.  Attempting to use words that would make sense to my super-smart 5 year old boy's understanding, I asked him if he remembered about how God gave us the choice to follow him all the way back to when he created Adam and Eve.  He nodded and continued with a series of questions on why bad things happen, including asking why the devil would choose to do bad while living as an angel in Heaven?  Maybe I am partial, but I was very impressed by the questions coming from my soon to be kindergartener.

Next he followed with, "Well, Mom, I know God wants me to choose Heaven.  I just know that is what he is saying to me".

Yes, Charlie.  That is what he wants for all of us.  

For anyone reading this, all that God asks is that we love Him and accept that He sent His son Jesus to die on a cross for us.  Whoever believes will have eternal life.  It is ours.  We must choose it. 

God bless.
Kelly 

No comments:

Post a Comment